Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Art is Appealing

Art is certainly appealing. It makes our life more colorful and interesting. Without art, our daily grind of life will be boring with all the busy office work, taking care of kids and attending to your spouse will certainly wear one out. By immersing ourselves in art, we get to appreciate man-made beauty. That is why we have the classics, photography, museum, opera, orchestra, etc.

Art is very much a part of my life when I was small. I used to go for weekly Art tuition, having to eat dinner in the car while my parents rush me to the tutor's house in a rather old small town house near 'Tan kongsi'. In my working life, I get to enjoy Philharmonic Orchestra in Petronas tower in Kuala Lumpur now and then. These are professional musicians playing individual music instrument such as the violin, piano, bass, trombone, flute, drums, etc following the conductor to create harmonious music. You don't see this in Penang other than at E & O hotel when it is advertised in The Star at the end of the year.

I also get to watch ballroom dancing in PISA and marvel at the extravagance of ballroom dance costumes of the women. There's plenty of sequins, feathers, satin, silk, organza of a wide magnitude of vibrant colors. Whenever, there is a chance, I will take the opportunity to purchase ballroom dancing tickets.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...