Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gambling is a disease

Gambling is a disease. I have seen my own close relatives lost a lot of money due to gambling. My very own paternal grandma lost a fortune in gambling. Being educated until primary six, the only way she knows to make money is through gambling in the hope of striking it rich. But the end result is that she lost a fortune and had to hawk laksa in the streets just to bring up 4 children by herself – it is unfortunate that her husband passed away early in his thirties due to sickness. My own uncle lost a house and now had to rent an apartment in the low cost flats all due to gambling. So, no, for me, I am against gambling at all costs. I have seen the hardships suffered by my relatives due to foolishness in being addicted to gambling. From a life of abundance, they had to lead a life of poverty and living at subsistence level and practise austerity.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...