Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just Opened a Gold Investment Account

If I have the excess cash, I will surely invest to buy gold bars. Just a few days ago, I went to Public Bank to open GIA or Gold Investment Account and bought 40gm of gold for nearly RM5,000. The gold price was about RM123.18 per gram. I can only sell it 1 year later and need to keep it for at least a year. If you do not know, gold has been increasing steadily over the last 10 years and when I was small, it was only RM20 a gram! It has increase many folds by leaps and bounds to more than RM120 a gram now. I also own a few gold jewellery pieces over the years to wear for festive occasions. Gold is an investment not to be missed and unlike stocks, the price has been increasing steadily and not like roller coaster rides that may cause a heart attack in the stock market. I am pretty pleased with my investment knowing that it will appreciate in price over some time and will not be subjected to inflation.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...