Monday, March 5, 2007

Proverbs Chapter 6

Today is my reading this morning for Proverbs Chapter 6 by King Solomon.


6. Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.
7. Without having any chief, officer or ruler,
8. she prepares her food in summer, and gathers her sustenance in harvest.
9. How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep?
10. A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest,
11. and poverty will come upon you like a vagabond, and want like an armed man.


The Bible teaches us to be diligent and not to be slothful and slumbering all the time. Otherwise poverty will come to us. God has mandated work and job even before Adam fell. As for me, as long as I live, I will intend to work while I am still able with my utmost capabilities.

I have a classmate who got the perfect score of 10 A1s in SPM exam or equivalent to O Levels. She managed to get a science degree from the National University of Singapore, but apparently due to some mental illness, she did not pass or graduate to become a teacher. And she keeps harping on past success but her present life is a failure. She could not hold on to a job and each time I contacted her in Johor, she is slumbering away almost the whole day and gaining weight. And she refuse to pick up my call. I have decided not to call or bother her anymore as she is beyond hope and help.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...